Descarada or descarado! In Spanish, literally translated this means faceless; figuratively it connotes shamelessness, boldness! If
ds106 has gone headless, no "teach" to tell us what to do, and no face with a pair of eyes to stare into, then we're all a bunch of descarados... defiant, uninhibited, and courageous in our creative attempts!
Make an impression:
Take a picture of an indentation!
My indelible impression for today was to get tattoed! A temporary tattoo, that is! I'm not that daring...yet! Drawn by my daughter Liz (an aspiring artist) (I can't draw, or draw on my own arm!) Here's my initiation into the ds106 cult!

Momma told me not come...but too late now, it's imprinted in my skin at least till I shower!
What do I want to learn in ds106:
- Create eye popping GIFs
- Make more videos with lots of umph and pizazz
- Tackle Tumblr and Wordpress like a pro
- Meet more digital fraingers
- Discover and experiment with my visual voice
- "Make ART damn it" every single day of my life for the rest of my life!
- Roar louder than Katy Perry
You are so in the cult! That blood oozing DS106 talks to the hard work making art is, not just some Click a Button Make a 6 Second Crappy Video app!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ary and Liz for entering #ds106 strong, and bringing us the ideas of fraingers.... frainge days indeed.
I am so not worthy! Just devoted to learning as much as I can, eager to share my digital stories and make new fraingers! Thank you for visiting! "Frainge days indeed"... that's inspired me to make more art!
DeleteI love it. You continue to inspire me but this time through fun and humor
ReplyDeleteHappy to know it made you smile and laugh! Thanks for reading Kelcy!
DeleteI love your tatoo! I want me one! It does get into your blood, and your guts, and your soul. At least it has for me (I did ds106 in May/June 2013, and can't quit). Nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteGreat to meet you too Christina! That's my oldest daughter's name and my mom's! The need to create and express oneself does run through the blood. It takes guts sometimes, but it soothes the soul! Thanks for visiting and for being so welcoming!
DeleteNow thats the way to make an entrance! Ary, you weren't kidding about needing an an alter ego. As Kelcy said, your inspiration is contagious. I told you this would be a great way to tune up for Creative MOOC. So good to see the Fraingers back in action!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathleen! You guys inspire me everyday! So happy to have met you! CIC and ds106 together is a winning combo....a mai tai cocktail for the soul! Do you realize we fraingers feed off each other's enthusiasm and creativity?
DeleteAnyone who shares Three Dog Night and lets kids draw all over them is good in my book! Welcome!
ReplyDelete