Thursday, September 19, 2013

ds106 Week 4 Audacious Audio

Week 4 is all about experimenting with sound by listening, creating radio bumpers, and stories using sound effects. Here are two radio bumpers I created for #ds106 Radio using Garage Band along with my first Sound Effect Story.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work! I think the sound effects story is my favourite. There are so many layers there, so many stories within that story. Very nice ending too.

    Just one suggestion: it would be helpful to give the sources for your audio, unless the sounds are given away for free as public domain. Even then, it could be helpful for others to see where you got them (what site). If the music or sounds ask for attribution, then on your blog would be a good place to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Christina. I used Garage Band for all of these sounds. Not sure how to provide attribution for that. Do I just mention "sounds came from GarageBand"? Thxs!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ary:

    Thought I'd mention here what I also said on Google Plus, in case anyone just visits here and not the G+ page! So the following is the same ideas as what I put on G+.

    I had no idea that Garage Band had its own sounds embedded, so that you could just use sounds from Garage Band! So I thought you must have gotten them from somewhere else...that's why I asked, so I could maybe find new sources of sounds, because these are really cool. But if they just came from inside Garage Band, no need for formal attribution. I just thought it might be helpful for others to know that they came from within Garage Band, and then they could learn like I did that such a thing was possible! Now I'm going to have to check out Garage Band, because that seems like a super cool thing to have sounds already in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. Listening to your sound story is an immersive experience.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete