DS106 has been chosen as a top innovator in the open education movement so for Saturday's daily create, the ds106 cult faced the task of creating a short video to give audiences at the Reclaim Open Learning Symposium on September 27th a sense of who or what the cult people of ds106 are all about.
We had certain rules to follow... or break, such as
- a 5,4,3,2,1 countdown---check!
- saying "I am ds106" in my most emphatic voice---check!
- creating something creative to represent a cut---check! (I think.)
- cults are all about brainwashing, community building and "reiterating" so we had to also include "We are ds106"----check! (We's are critical in open learning; there is no "I" in open learn".)
- this one I kind of broke--leave space at end and wave goodbye! :-( Oh well!
So here is my daily create for Saturday, September 21st, 2013. I used iMovie, and GarageBand to record my voice/voices you hear emphatically claiming "I am ds106/we are ds106". I chose the Will. i. am. Sesame street clip for several reasons. First, the whole idea of " i am ds106" made me think of how Will.i.am spells his name. I searched YT to see what songs or clips were available related to "being" and lo and behold, I found Will.i.am's Sesame Street song called "What I Am". Since ds106 is all about fun, creativity, imagination, play, sharing and often the daily creates help us return to our inner child, Will.i.am singing with Cookie monster and other Sesame characters was rather fitting in my mind. Daft Punk's catchy "Around the World" was meant to emphasize just that, ds106 is global. I also included my first daily create, my ds106 tattoo and my metaphor for "the daily create idea of regular exercises of creativity." I used MPEG Streamline to clip the Will.i.am video and the headlessds106 "about ds106 video". Hope you enjoy watching how i.am. ds106 as much as I enjoyed making it!
What fun. I love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelcy for visiting!
DeleteClassic Ary! I love how you have incorporated everything you/we have done since the start of the course. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathleen for your kind feedback!
Deleteit's really nice post...
ReplyDelete12th five year plan education | mooc